Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Nikko STI ETF RSP (Aug 2013)

I bought 1 lot of Nikko STI ETF at $3.19 today for my regular savings plan for the month of August 2013.

Details of all transactions for my rsp are logged here:
http://madstranger.blogspot.sg/2013/07/nikko-sti-etf.html

Other notes:
Earlier this week, it was announced that the board lot size will be reduced from 1000 to 100. This will be implemented to ordinary shares, real estate investment trusts, business trusts, company warrants, structured warrants, extended settlement contracts and also SPDR STI ETF. Before I started buying Nikko STI ETF, I actually preferred the SPDR STI ETF as they are giving higher dividends for a smiliar price. However, the lot size for this is 1000 which makes it hard to buy 1 lot per month due to costs.When the 100 units per lot is implemented, I will switch this RSP to buying SPDR STI ETF instead.

If the lot size is reduced to 1 unit, it is even better. We can do the real dollar cost averaging and fix an amount to invest rather than a volume to buy.



No comments: